[MacRuby-devel] Checkbox state

John Shea johnmacshea at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 06:28:05 PDT 2009

Hi Marinus / Rien,

I just did a quick test, given a nib with window and a controller ruby
file.

1. I dragged a checkbox NSButton onto the window
2. i created an attr_accessor :check in my controller
3. I created a method called test_check in my controller:

   def test_check(sender)
     p @check.state
   end

4. I linked @check and the test_check method to the checkbox

And when i click on an off the checkbox the state toggles between 0
and 1.

So I do not think it is an issue MacRuby - could you try something
simple like the above?

How were you polling the check box state? That is: which method is
status = @myCheckbox.state in?
Perhaps this method is not being called.

Cheers,
John