[MacRuby-devel] compiling macruby

Daniel macruby at otherware.org
Wed Jul 22 04:19:00 PDT 2009

Hi,

I've been compiling macruby from source, svn with tag 0.4

One observation I made is that if there's a different bison in my path, such
as the one from macports in /opt/local/bin/bison, then macruby will not
compile.

In Rakefile, bison is hardcoded to /usr/bin/bison

In the generated ext/ripper/Makefile however, bison is simply the bison from
the environment.

It seems the real fix should be that the generated Makefile should also be
hardcoded to use /usr/bin/bison, as opposed to me changing my path.

-d