[MacRuby-devel] newbie wants to help

Eloy Duran eloy.de.enige at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 01:18:27 PDT 2009

Hi,

Yes, any help would be very nice!

Over the last few days I have been tagging as much of the core specs
as possible. Which means that the total of specs we now run is:
886 files, 3742 examples, 12050 expectations, 0 failures, 0 errors

However, of all the tagged specs, not all are failures perse. So what
we need is people going through the specs which don't run on MacRuby,
to _first _ verify that the spec runs on 1.9.2dev. If that's the case,
then it's a bug in MacRuby. If it doesn't run on 1.9.2dev either it
should be fixed in the rubyspec project.
There are critical and failing tags and then there are some cases
where simply tagging specs wasn't enough so these had to be disabled.
So the priority to check/fix specs is:
* Fix disabled specs: $ find spec/frozen -name "*_disabled.rb"
* Fix critical tags: $ ./mspec/bin/mspec tag -B spec/macruby.mspec --
list critical spec/frozen
* Fix failing tags: $ mspec/bin/mspec tag -B spec/macruby.mspec --list
fails spec/frozen

You can find some info on how to work at: http://github.com/alloy/mr-experimental/blob/master/spec/README.rdoc
  (might need updates, patches very welcome)
Feel free to contact me at any time if you need any more info.

Cheers,
Eloy