[MacRuby-devel] syslog Re: Contributions (Was: Experimental branch status)

Ernest N. Prabhakar, Ph.D. prabhaka at apple.com
Wed Jun 3 20:43:38 PDT 2009

On Jun 3, 2009, at 6:30 PM, Charles Oliver Nutter wrote:
>> Other extensions part of the Ruby distribution that might be
>> interesting to port: openssl, syslog, zlib.
>
> syslog and zlib are also already ported to FFI.

Hmm, just out of curiosity, any chance we could have MacRuby use
Apple's System Logger instead (compatible API, but much richer backend):

http://developer.apple.com/documentation/Darwin/Reference/ManPages/man3/asl.3.html#/
/apple_ref/doc/man/3/asl

I'm pretty sure it is open source, so it could even be used cross-
platform:

http://www.opensource.apple.com/source/syslog/syslog-69.0.4/

-- Ernie P.