[MacRuby-devel] ruby gems just for MacRuby

Dr Nic Williams drnicwilliams at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 18:31:15 PDT 2009

If the gem name has a specific platform/arch then it won't be visible
to alternate archicture/platforms afaik.

On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 10:05 AM, Rich Morin <rdm at cfcl.com> wrote:
> Matt Aimonetti wrote:
>> Sorry Rich, but I personally only target intel processors.
>> I don't think MacRuby will ever officially support non-intel
>> machines.
>
> Since when does the Open Source community take its direction
> from "official" vendor decisions?  As long as a free, working
> code base exists for a processor and OS, I'm happy to use it.
>
> Nor, indeed, am I asking any particular developer to target
> a given processor.  I simply want any packaging standard we
> adopt to be flexible enough to handle multiple processors.
>
> -r
> --
> http://www.cfcl.com/rdm            Rich Morin
> http://www.cfcl.com/rdm/resume     rdm at cfcl.com
> http://www.cfcl.com/rdm/weblog     +1 650-873-7841
>
> Technical editing and writing, programming, and web development

Dr Nic Williams
iPhone and Rails consultants - http://mocra.com
Fun with iPhone/Ruby/Rails/Javascript - http://drnicwilliams.com
* Surf Report for iPhone - http://mocra.com/projects/surfreport/ *