[MacRuby-devel] Rubyspec - Google Summer of Code

Federico Builes federico.builes at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 11:39:31 PDT 2009

(This message is being sent to several lists, I apologize if you get more than
one copy).

The Rubyspec project (http://rubyspec.org) is interested in finding one
student to work with us this year in the Google Summer of Code.
We'll be applying under the Ruby on Rails organization, you can find
more information at:
http://socghop.appspot.com/org/show/google/gsoc2009/rails

A few months ago we merged the 1.8/1.9 specs and currently, Ruby 1.9 is not
able to get a complete run on the specs. We'd like to start there, making
sure that we can get a complete run with failures (instead of
crashes/freezes). After having that, the student could start working on fixing
some of the failing specs and writing new ones that target 1.9
specifically.

The ideal candidate would be someone experienced with RSpec-style testing
(we use our own system called MSpec), familiar with Ruby and interested in
spending his summer helping the Ruby community.

I'll be happy to answer to your ideas/comments/suggestions at
federico.builes at gmail.com.

We also have a mailing list and IRC channel that you might want to check out:

* http://groups.google.com/group/rubyspec
* #rubyspec @ irc.freenode.net
* http://github.com/rubyspec

If you're interested in applying please check out the Google Summer of Code
application at: http://socghop.appspot.com/

--
Federico