[MacRuby-devel] Modal sheet question

Alex Vollmer alex.vollmer at gmail.com
Mon May 4 21:17:30 PDT 2009

I've been trying to port a small app I've written in MacRuby with a
nib file over to HotCocoa. When the app launches a modal sheet is
displayed asking the user for credentials. This is done by having both
the main window and the credentials sheet in the MainMenu.nib file. In
the applicationDidFinishLaunching method of the app delegate I call
NSApp's
beginSheet:modalForWindow:modalDelegate:didEndSelector:contextInfo: to
display the sheet.

This works like a champ with the in MacRuby with the nib. However in
HotCocoa the sheet displays but is both detached from the main window
and goes to the back as soon as you click on anything. On other
mailing-lists I've seen the problem attributed to having the "Visible
at launch" property enabled on the sheet window. But I'm trying to do
it with HotCocoa and I can't, for the life of me, figure out the
equivalent method call.

I've toyed with loading the credentials window from a nib, but I'd
like to do this with HotCocoa for demonstration purposes. If anyone
has any ideas I'd love any insights or suggestions.

Cheers,

Alex
----
Musings & Notes — http://alexvollmer.com