[MacRuby-devel] Status of Fiber support?

Matt Aimonetti mattaimonetti at gmail.com
Thu May 14 11:43:30 PDT 2009

Jeremy,

 I would create a ticket, at least people encountering the same problem
would be able to easily find a report of the problem.
BTW, I tested and confirmed the reported issue:

$ ruby1.9 -e "require 'fiber'; Fiber.new{puts 'test'}.resume"  # => test
$ macruby -e "require 'fiber'; Fiber.new{puts 'test'}.resume"  # => segfault
$ ./miniruby -I ./lib/ -e "require 'fiber'; Fiber.new{puts 'test'}.resume"
# => no such file to load -- fiber (LoadError)

So MacRuby doesn't support fibers yet, I'm sure Laurent is planning on
implementing them while he finishes the new IO stuff him and Patrick started
doing.

- Matt