[MacRuby-devel] Requiring a framework

Keenan Brock keenan at thebrocks.net
Fri May 15 06:34:21 PDT 2009

Hi,

1. Are the resources for installing gems? I've had less then stellar
success for installing gems in 0.4.

2. In lieu of installing gems, can I just use any framework on the disk?

I'm trying to use libpurple, the communication layer from Adium, Fire,
pidgin, gaim (and others).

# macirb
 >> framework '/Applications/Adium.app/Contents/Frameworks/
libpurple.framework'

2009-05-15 09:21:57.264 macruby[6027:10b] Error loading /Applications/
Adium.app/Contents/Frameworks/libpurple.framework/libpurple:  dlopen(/
Applications/Adium.app/Contents/Frameworks/libpurple.framework/
libpurple, 265): no suitable image found.  Did find:
	/Applications/Adium.app/Contents/Frameworks/libpurple.framework/
libpurple: no matching architecture in universal wrapper
RuntimeError: framework at path `/Applications/Adium.app/Contents/
Frameworks/libpurple.framework' cannot be loaded: Error
Domain=NSCocoaErrorDomain Code=3585 UserInfo=0x8006d3ac0 "The bundle
“libpurple” could not be loaded because it does not contain a version
for the current architecture." (dlopen_preflight(/Applications/
Adium.app/Contents/Frameworks/libpurple.framework/libpurple): no
suitable image found.  Did find:
	/Applications/Adium.app/Contents/Frameworks/libpurple.framework/
libpurple: no matching architecture in universal wrapper)
	from (irb):2:in `framework'
	from (irb):2
	from /usr/local/bin/macirb:12:in `<main>'

Is this a user error, 0.4, or macruby in general issue?

Thanks,
Keenan

---
OSX 10.5.7 2GB