[MacRuby-devel] Tips to fix Unicode regular expression support?

Jjgod Jiang gzjjgod at gmail.com
Mon May 18 20:10:32 PDT 2009

Hi all,

As tracked by ticket #94 [1], Unicode (non-ASCII) regular expression
is still unsupported in MacRuby 0.4. It seems that's pretty important
for us Chinese developers, so I'd like to devote some time to fix it.
However I rather new to MacRuby code base, I wonder if anyone can
point me up a direction on how to fix it?

Right now, in re.c, it seems all regular expressions are forced to use
ASCII (ONIG_ENCODING_ASCII) and non-ASCII encoding support (enc/*) are
not compiled in.

- Jiang

[1] https://www.macruby.org/trac/ticket/94