[MacRuby-devel] Crash with NSUInteger in delegate method

Łukasz Adamczak lukasz at czak.pl
Wed May 20 11:49:57 PDT 2009

Don't know if it deserves a ticket, so I'm posting here first.

I'm trying to use ObjectiveFlickr from my MacRuby project:
http://github.com/czak/flickrtest

One of the ObjectiveFlickr delegate methods receives NSUIntegers from
the library:
http://github.com/lukhnos/objectiveflickr/blob/b480aa39fa0e96f40a1b44523e0b6f918b2ed441/Source/ObjectiveFlickr.m#L525

When I implement the delegate method in ruby (even an empty implementation):
http://github.com/czak/flickrtest/blob/00ad51b155b65221770aa4ab1661fd99957a689e/app_controller.rb#L92-93

...I get a crash saying:

    Program received signal: “EXC_BAD_ACCESS”.
    warning: Could not find object file
"/private/tmp/mrr/trunk/array.o" - no debug information available for
"array.c".
    warning: Could not find object file
"/private/tmp/mrr/trunk/bignum.o" - no debug information available for
"bignum.c".
    warning: Could not find object file
"/private/tmp/mrr/trunk/class.o" - no debug information available for
"class.c".
    (a total of about 80 warnings for missing *.o files)

Lukhnos (the author of ObjectiveFlickr) suggests it might be a case of
primitive C types being passed to the delegate.

Please advise - is it a bug in MacRuby that I should submit a ticket
for or is there a way to avoid that?

--
Regards,
Łukasz Adamczak