[MacRuby-devel] Using performRubySelector

Mike Laurence mklaurence at gmail.com
Tue May 26 17:45:01 PDT 2009

Hello,

I'm trying to get some obj-c code to talk back to my ruby. After
encountering some "EXC_BAD_ACCESS" messages and scouring the web, I've
concluded that I'm probably supposed to use performRubySelector
instead of just expecting selectors to work when overridden by ruby
subclasses, etc.

What is the preferred way to get this to work? I looked through some
of Elysium's old code (which used performRubySelector), but I'm having
trouble wrapping my head around how you're supposed to use the MacRuby
sharedRuntime to get things to happen. If someone could give me a
quick example of how to call arbitrary ruby methods, I would highly
appreciate it.

Of course, if I'm completely off base and there's some other way to
call ruby code, please let me know!

Thanks!

Regards,
Mike Laurence