[MacRuby-devel] Experimental branch status: C-lib wrappers

Charles Turner vze26m98 at optonline.net
Fri May 29 04:33:05 PDT 2009

On May 29, 2009, at 12:42 AM, Matt Aimonetti wrote:

> Also, writing wrappers for common obj-c libraries/frameworks would
> be very useful.

I could contribute a few of these, but as I'm new to Cocoa (and only
less so Ruby) I'm still casting around for manuals and examples to RTFM.

Somewhat worse, I have a few C-libs working with FFI in the 1.9.1
release, so that's actually hindering my progress with MacRuby. (Path
of least resistance, ya know.)

My newbiness also has me thinking about very thin wrappings. Just
enough to get the C functions working.

So if anyone has pointer to info and source examples, I'd be grateful.

Thanks!

Charles