[MacRuby-devel] call for help!

Laurent Sansonetti lsansonetti at apple.com
Sun Nov 1 12:36:20 PST 2009

Hi guys,

Things are shaping pretty nicely in trunk and we expect to release the
second beta in a few days. We receive bug reports every day, it's
great that people are testing it, and the final release will be
awesome :-)

If you are interested in contributing to the project and you do not
have the time or expertise to learn the source code & contribute
patches, there are still crucial things that you could do:

1) Test as many Ruby code (gems, libraries) as possible with MacRuby
and report us feedback, if the code crashes, runs slowly or leaks all
your memory. If you report a runtime crash, it would be even better if
you could take the time to reduce the problem into a few lines of
Ruby, this saves us (well, me :)) time. Things we don't run yet (but
should): rspec, mocha, activesupport (that's a big one!), etc.

2) Write Cocoa samples! MacRuby ships with a few samples but we
desperately need more & better ones. If you play with MacRuby to do
Cocoa development and use a specific framework/feature, it would be
awesome if you could contribute it back as a sample application.
Things we do not cover in samples: core data, bindings, opengl, many
Cocoa classes, etc.

3) Document your experience as part of a website tutorial or recipe.
We are trying to build a "documentation center" for MacRuby resources
at http://www.macruby.org/documentation.html and we desperately need
more content. Contributing new or enhancing existing content would be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks!