[MacRuby-devel] rSpec for MacRuby

Joshua Ballanco joshua.ballanco at apple.com
Sun Nov 1 23:52:09 PST 2009

On Nov 1, 2009, at 10:52 PM, s.ross wrote:

> I'm not sure what a sensible solution is to this, but thought since
> rSpec is getting some attention, I'd bring this up.

You can always override the shebang line by running a script directly
with ruby (it's not a coincidence that the shebang line is also a
valid ruby comment). So, the easiest way to switch back and forth
between running rspec under MacRuby and Ruby 1.9 would be:

 > sudo macgem install rspec
 > sudo gem1.9 install rspec
 > spec blah_spec.rb			<= runs under MacRuby
 > ruby1.9 `which spec` blah_spec.rb	<= runs under Ruby 1.9

 From there, it shouldn't be too hard to alias the last line to
something like spec1.9 and you should be all set.

Cheers,

Josh