[MacRuby-devel] rSpec for MacRuby

John Barnette jbarnette at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 11:37:48 PST 2009

Hey,

On Mon, Nov 2, 2009 at 12:06 AM, Eloy Duran <eloy.de.enige at gmail.com> wrote:
> I think the best solution would be if RubyGems would apply the same program
> prefix or suffix to the executables it installs. So in the case of MacRuby,
> the executable would be: /usr/bin/macspec.
> I haven't had the time to look at RubyGems yet though, if anyone wants to
> take a stab at fixing this, by all means :)

We have some existing RubyGems bugs around this issue:

http://rubyforge.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=26754&group_id=126&atid=577
http://rubyforge.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=25826&group_id=126&atid=575

There's been a certain amount of discussion about this on
rubygems-developers, might be worth a grep of the mailing list.

~ j.