[MacRuby-devel] spotlight - MDItemRef

Alan Skipp al_skipp at fastmail.fm
Wed Nov 4 13:50:32 PST 2009

I was also unaware of NSMetadataItem, but it seems that the only way of
acquiring such an object is from the result of a spotlight search. There
doesn't seem to be a way of creating an NSMetadataItem from a file path
or url, as you can do with MDItemRef – though there is a distinct
possibility that I am overlooking something.

On Wed, 04 Nov 2009 10:16 +0000, "Ruben Fonseca" <ruben at 0x82.com> wrote:
> Hey Eloy!
>
> On Oct 30, 2009, at 9:50 PM, Eloy Duran wrote:
>
> > Hey,
> >
> > Forgive me that I haven't read the complete thread, so ignore this
> > if it's not a possibility. But couldn't you use NSMetadataItem etc?
> >

> You know what this silence means don't you? :) I had no idea about
> NSMetadataItem..
>
> However, my question remains, is there a C API that would benefit from
> a wrapper so it can be easily used in macruby?
>
> Ruben
  Alan Skipp
  al_skipp at fastmail.fm