[MacRuby-devel] [MacRuby] #452: Segmentation Fault tracing back to openssl.bundle when authenticating with gcal4ruby

MacRuby ruby-noreply at macosforge.org
Mon Nov 23 22:32:45 PST 2009

#452: Segmentation Fault tracing back to openssl.bundle when authenticating with
gcal4ruby
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  dweinric@…          |       Owner:  lsansonetti@…
     Type:  defect              |      Status:  new
Component:  MacRuby             |    Keywords:
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Some caveats:
  * due to a different issue I had to comment the {{{require "nkf"}}} line
 out of gcal4ruby
  * I haven't yet tried a generic attempt to connect using https without
 the gcal4ruby library

 {{{
 irb(main):002:0> require "rubygems"
 => true
 irb(main):003:0> require "gcal4ruby"
 => true
 irb(main):004:0> service = GCal4Ruby::Service.new
 => <GCal4Ruby::Service:0x20046bd60 @check_public=true>
 irb(main):005:0> service.authenticate("<user>@gmail.com","<password>")
 dyld: lazy symbol binding failed: Symbol not found: _rb_call_super
   Referenced from:
 /Library/Frameworks/MacRuby.framework/Versions/0.5/usr/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.9.0
 /universal-darwin10.0/openssl.bundle
   Expected in: flat namespace

 dyld: Symbol not found: _rb_call_super
   Referenced from:
 /Library/Frameworks/MacRuby.framework/Versions/0.5/usr/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.9.0
 /universal-darwin10.0/openssl.bundle
   Expected in: flat namespace

 Segmentation fault
 }}}