[MacRuby-devel] String methods missing in MacRuby

Vincent Isambart vincent.isambart at gmail.com
Sat Nov 28 16:58:36 PST 2009

> each is a documented method for the the string class so it should be provided. It is useful.
As Jordan was saying String#each does not exist in 1.9 any more. And MacRuby implements Ruby 1.9, so before saying something is a bug please check with 1.9.

By the way, 1.8's String#each is now the more explicit String#each_line (there's also an Strign#each_char). And the recent releases of 1.8 also include String#each_line so I would recommend not using String#each anymore, even on 1.8.