[MacRuby-devel] trunk status update

s.ross cwdinfo at gmail.com
Mon Oct 5 22:33:30 PDT 2009

It's way better, but I'm getting this:

[Switching to process 1982]
Running…
2009-10-05 22:29:51.141 IStockCocoa[1982:80f] Error loading /Library/
InputManagers/GearsEnabler.old/GearsEnabler.bundle/Contents/MacOS/
GearsEnabler:  dlopen(/Library/InputManagers/GearsEnabler.old/
GearsEnabler.bundle/Contents/MacOS/GearsEnabler, 265): no suitable
image found.  Did find:
	/Library/InputManagers/GearsEnabler.old/GearsEnabler.bundle/Contents/
MacOS/GearsEnabler: GC capability mismatch
Program received signal:  “SIGABRT”.
sharedlibrary apply-load-rules all
warning: Could not find object file "/Sites/kain/icoretech.org/macruby/
repo/array.o" - no debug information available for "array.c".

The specific code that causes it is:

class TitleController < ControllerBase
   attr_writer :image_title, :word_count, :title_notes

   def awakeFromNib
     @word_count.setStringValue('Words: 0')
     @title_notes.setStringValue 'Duplicates: 0'
   end

   def controlTextDidChange(notification)
     contents = (notification.userInfo
['NSFieldEditor'].textStorage.string || '').to_s
     unless contents.empty?
       words = contents.empty? ? [] : contents.split(/\W+/).collect{|
w| w.downcase}
       wc = words.length
       dups = words.length - words.uniq.length

       @word_count.setStringValue("Words: #{wc}")
       @ControllerBase.setTextColor(wc > 10 ? NSColor::redColor :
NSColor::textColor)
       @title_notes.setStringValue("Duplicates: #{dups}")
       @title_notes.setTextColor(dups > 0 ? NSColor::redColor :
NSColor::textColor)
     end
   end
end

When a keystroke is entered into the NSTextField, the
controlTextDidChange delegate should be called. That's when the
SIGABRT is triggered. I don't know what the deal with Gears is. I'm
not using Gears but if there's something on my Mac that should be
cleaned up, perhaps that's what caused the problem.

Again, great progress. This is really exciting to work with.

Steve