[MacRuby-devel] BridgeSupport Question

Jordan Breeding jordan.breeding at me.com
Tue Oct 6 13:43:47 PDT 2009

I have a question about whether I am seeing a bug in BridgeSupport or
not.

I am running Mac OS X 10.6.1 and have a custom framework that has some
categories for Foundation/Cocoa classes.

The following are the problem I noticed when using gen_bridge_metadata:

1) I have to include Cocoa/Cocoa.h in the files, Foundation/
Foundation.h doesn't seem to work even though those are really the
only classes I am dealing with.

2) This is the bigger one, gen_bridge_metadata isn't picking up all of
the methods/messages from my header, here is one of the headers:

=====
#import <Cocoa/Cocoa.h>

@interface NSArray (JBBAdditions)

#pragma mark Instance Methods

- (NSArray *)jbb_dictionariesWithKey:(NSString *)keyName;
- (id)jbb_firstObject;
- (BOOL)jbb_isEmpty;
@end
=====

but here is the relevant section of the .bridgesupport file:

=====
<class name='NSArray'>
<method selector='jbb_isEmpty'>
<retval type='B'/>
</method>
</class>
=====

Any ideas as to why it is behaving this way? It is doing this for all
of the classes I have defined categories on (only defining one method/
message).

Thanks for any input,
Jordan