[MacRuby-devel] MacRuby gem only

Keith Gautreaux keith.gautreaux at gmail.com
Fri Oct 9 15:03:11 PDT 2009

Presumably Macruby gems will be installed with macgem?  Certainly, we
would not want to fork RubyGems, but since the Gem::Platform spec
exists shouldn't macgem only install gems whose Gem::Platform::RUBY is
MacRuby?

For projects like JRuby and Rubinius it makes sense to always have
Gem::Platform::RUBY == 'ruby', but isn't MacRuby a superset of Ruby
the way Objective-C is a superset of C?

As long as RubyGems prevents installation of gems whose
Gem::Platform::RUBY == 'MacRuby' on stock YARV installations I think
this approach is reasonable, but IANEH (I Am Not Eric Hodel).

On Fri, Oct 9, 2009 at 1:55 PM, Matt Aimonetti <mattaimonetti at gmail.com> wrote:
> Any idea how we should flag gems that are MacRuby only like textorize-mr? I
> don't think the platform flag is legit so I'm not sure what to use.
> Any ideas?
>
> - Matt

Keith