[MacRuby-devel] MacRuby 0.5 beta 1

B. Ohr jazzbox at 7zz.de
Sun Oct 11 08:55:21 PDT 2009

Hi Laurent,

I have to thank you (and all the others) for your great effort!

When I first saw Obj-C (~1993, I don‘t remember exactly, I got a NeXT
computer for testing purposes), my first thought was: What a weird
language! At this moment absolutely nobody could foresee, that this
will be the future language of choice for the Apple Macintosh.

I really hope, that MacRuby will become a fully useable alternative to
Obj-C on the Mac! And the 0.5 is already very useable for a beta.
Every time when I am doing something in MacRuby (and have to look at
Obj-C examples), I can only say: I love that language!

Bernd