[MacRuby-devel] Building MacRuby r2765 with llvm r82747 failed on core duo macbook, Leopard AND about regexp with non-ASCII characters

Laurent Sansonetti lsansonetti at apple.com
Mon Oct 12 12:14:52 PDT 2009

On Oct 12, 2009, at 1:50 AM, hiroshi saito wrote:
> Laurent, thanks for fixing the bignum issue. OK I'll continue.
> After updating to r2782, my rubyc successfully compiled all of stdlib,
> and WOW!, all of build task completed! Thanks!

Nice :)

> One of my intention of building MacRuby 0.5 trunk by hand is checking
> status of regular expression against non-ASCII characters.
>
> As I wrote in the comment I'v left;
> http://www.macruby.org/trac/ticket/94#comment:4
>
> a very simple regular expression including a Japanese character
> against a string contains same character doesn't match.
>
> It's very important issue for us, Japanese, and, I suppose, other
> non-ASCII character languages.
>
> How about the status of supporting non-ASCII character?

That's right, currently regular expressions containing non-ASCII
characters are not supported. This is a work in progress and you can
be sure this will be fixed, of course. To make sure I won't forget I
annotated the TODO file.

However, applying regular expressions to non-ASCII strings should work.