[MacRuby-devel] Running nanoc3 with MacRuby

B. Ohr jazzbox at 7zz.de
Thu Oct 15 09:33:33 PDT 2009

Hi,

I got nanoc3 working with MacRuby (http://nanoc.stoneship.org/). It‘s
a static site generator like webby (I think it is more powerful).

I haven't done much yet, just the basic things like create a site
skeleton, replace a 'yield' in a layout page (does not work yet,
ticket #386), and do some filtering with ERB.

Finally i wrote a MacRuby function, where I am parsing calendar events
of my iCal (framework 'CalendarStore') to bring them on the website.
This is the reason why I am running nanoc with MacRuby, because of the
direct access to the Cocoa frameworks. It is working fine!

Next I will try to run other filters like Redcloth and Ultraviolet,
and things like image- and pdf-processing (with the Cocoa framework) I
will give a chance too.

Ah, there is one question remaining:

nanoc3 uses PStore, which is calling File#flock, which gives an
unimplemented error in MacRuby. Does anybody know the state of
File#flock?

Bernd