[MacRuby-devel] spotlight - MDItemRef

Ruben Fonseca ruben at 0x82.com
Thu Oct 29 11:07:02 PDT 2009

Hi Josh!

On Oct 29, 2009, at 5:48 PM, Josh Ballanco wrote:

> Hi Ruben,
>
> Using an Objective-C class in a MacRuby script is the first step in
> both recipes currently posted to the MacRuby website (http://www.macruby.org/documentation.html
> ). Your choices are either to add a "dummy" Init_foo{} function and
> make a foo.bundle from the class or compile the Objective-C files to
> a foo.framework and then either put the framework in a well known
> location (like /Library/Frameworks) or modify the
> DYLD_FRAMEWORK_PATH before running your MacRuby script.

Perfect! I read both recipes and it seems pretty easy :) Thank you!

> If you want more details on wrapping C API, I am currently working
> on just such a project, and might be able to put together another
> recipe. What sort of information would you be looking for
> specifically? Is there a particular C API you'd be interested in
> seeing how to wrap?

Actually I was offering my time and help to create those wrappers :) I
don't have any need for a particular C API right now...

> Finally, as to your later question, there actually *is* a MacRuby
> API for GCD currently in the 0.5 beta and nightly builds.

Yes I know. That's why I've asked if it makes sense to include more
wrappers to other C APIs into Macruby!

Cheers
Ruben