[MacRuby-devel] [MacRuby] #394: Unrecognized runtime type _NSRange=II

Laurent Sansonetti lsansonetti at apple.com
Thu Oct 29 12:26:05 PDT 2009

On Oct 29, 2009, at 10:25 AM, s.ross wrote:

> On Oct 28, 2009, at 11:25 PM, MacRuby wrote:
>
>> #394: Unrecognized runtime type _NSRange=II
>> -------------------------------
>> +--------------------------------------------
>> Reporter:  cwdinfo@…          |        Owner:  lsansonetti@…
>>    Type:  defect             |       Status:  closed
>>
>> Comment(by lsansonetti@…):
>>
>> Maybe the fix didn't get into the nightly build, I will test with the
>> latest one tomorrow.
>>
>> --
>> Ticket URL: <http://www.macruby.org/trac/ticket/394#comment:15>
>> MacRuby <http://macruby.org/>
>>

> It got into the most recent nightly build. Thanks so much.

Excellent :)

> Is there a way to compare the version number against the one
> packaged for the nightly build?

We define the MACRUBY_REVISION constant that you could use.

$ macruby -e "p MACRUBY_REVISION"
"svn revision 2915 from http://svn.macosforge.org/repository/ruby/MacRuby/trunk
"

If MacRuby was built from Git (I think that's what the nightly build
does), the constant will have the full Git line (with the sha1
signature).