[MacRuby-devel] spotlight - MDItemRef

Laurent Sansonetti lsansonetti at apple.com
Thu Oct 29 13:17:27 PDT 2009

Hi Ruben,

On Oct 29, 2009, at 8:44 AM, Ruben Fonseca wrote:

> Hi Laurent. Just a quick question.
>
> On Oct 28, 2009, at 12:31 AM, Laurent Sansonetti wrote:
>
>> Hi Alan,
>>
>> I'm afraid the MD* APIs haven't been covered by BridgeSupport yet,
>> so it may not be possible to call it directly from MacRuby at this
>> point. I would recommend to file a bug at http://bugreporter.apple.com
>>  so that we can consider this for a future Mac OS X release, and to
>> wrap this C API into an Objective-C class that you can call from
>> MacRuby in the meantime.
>>
>> Laurent
>
> Does it make any sense to write wrappers to APIs not covered by
> BridgeSupport and bundle them in Macruby? (Isn't GCD such a case?).

It would definitely be interesting to share the wrappers, but I don't
know if bundling them as part of MacRuby is a good idea. If we start
doing that we would have to make sure all wrappers are consistent. And
these wrappers would be temporary, until a new version of Mac OS X
comes out with the support.

I guess that it's better if people share them on Github. We could have
a list of them on the website so that people can easily find them.

Thoughts?