[MacRuby-devel] MACRUBY_REVISION

Vincent Isambart vincent.isambart at gmail.com
Thu Oct 29 15:48:15 PDT 2009

>>> I'm pretty sure this was the latest nightly, installed using:
>>>

>> Git will require an extra Attribute to properly do version
>> substitution. See the section on "export-subst" in the Pro Git
>> book: http://progit.org/book/ch7-2.html
>
> This used to work before when we were using Git by default (albeit a
> different repository). Vincent probably knows what's going wrong
> here :)

It works on git:
% macruby -e "p MACRUBY_REVISION"
"git commit 35e069811a44e9346b00cfbcccedc24ae7cce48f"

I'm not using export-subst, but when their is a .svn directory I'm
calling "svn info" and if there is a .git directory I'm reading .git/
HEAD. "unknown revision" should only appear if there is neither a .svn
nor a .git directory. I haven't looked at the scripts that build the
nightlies but does it do a svn export or something similar? If that's
the case, could we switch to a normal checkout?