[MacRuby-devel] HotCocoa, Snow Leopard and MacRuby trunk

Dave Baldwin dave.baldwin at dsl.pipex.com
Thu Sep 3 05:49:17 PDT 2009

I have just upgraded to Snow Leopard and found MacRuby 0.4 didn't
work.  Upgraded to the latest trunk using the instructions found
here:  http://redartisan.com/2009/9/1/macruby-intro

Having done this I cannot run some of the HotCocoa examples.

For calculato,  layout_view and hotconsole doing a macrake just
hangs.  Doing a macrake -- trace did get the examples to build and
run.  Subsequent macrake then launched the example and they appear to
work, however macrake never exits even when the app is quit.  Doing a
macrake clean (also never ends) will replicate the above behaviour.

The "demo"  example exhibits similar behaviour but the window is
displayed and then unexpectedly quits.

Are these known problems or is there a problem with my build of MacRuby?

MacRuby version 0.5 (ruby 1.9.0) [universal-darwin10.0, x86_64]

Thanks,

Dave.