[MacRuby-devel] Seeing methods of extended ObjC objects in IB

b.ohr dev5 at 7zz.de
Wed Sep 9 10:36:18 PDT 2009

Hey guys,

I added the MacRuby framework to an existing project (gitx on github,
which uses GC also fortunately). After setting the build to compile
64bit only everything (-1, see below) works fine, so far I can say
now. I am impressed!

I defined my own controller in Ruby, call methods of it from the user
interface and connected this controller to other ObjC-objects and call
methods of them.

But one thing does not work: If I extend an existing ObjC-Object, f.e.

class PBGitHistoryController
    def do_what(sender)
      puts "do what?"
    end
end

then I don't see this method in the Interface Builder under 'Received
Actions'. Is it my fault our yours?

If I 'p' this object it says:

#<NSKVONotifying_PBGitHistoryController:0x8002bd820>

Perhaps this (KVO) is the problem?

--

But let me say again: I like the MacRuby project so much and I wish I
could use it for real development in the near future!

Bernd