[MacRuby-devel] Failed Assertion from 2009-09-04 Nightly Build

s.ross cwdinfo at gmail.com
Sun Sep 13 15:39:34 PDT 2009

Not sure whether this is the right way to report this, but I have a
trivial XCode MacRuby project that consistently causes the assertion
shown below. I can package up the project if need be.

OSX 10.6.1

Here is the console log (did a Build > Clean All Targets, the Build &
Run):

run
[Switching to process 6578]
Running…
Assertion failed: (castIsValid(getOpcode(), S, Ty) && "Illegal SExt"),
function SExtInst, file Instructions.cpp, line 2385.
Program received signal:  “SIGABRT”.
sharedlibrary apply-load-rules all
warning: Could not find object file "/Users/mattetti/src/macruby-
gitsvn/trunk/array.o" - no debug information available for "array.c".

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

Steve