[MacRuby-devel] Objective-C SDL bindings accessible from Ruby?

Laurent Sansonetti lsansonetti at apple.com
Wed Sep 30 13:18:27 PDT 2009

On Sep 30, 2009, at 11:07 AM, Timothy McDowell wrote:

> I'm fairly new to objective-c, xcode, and the whole compiling/
> linking process altogether. But I was wondering if I link my SDL
> library to my xcode macruby project, can I access the SDL from both
> the Obj-C side and Ruby?

Yep :) Pure Objective-C APIs should be callable from MacRuby
automagically.

A side note, if your Objective-C SDL bindings framework exposes C APIs
or C-based symbols, you may want to generate a BridgeSupport file for
it, because MacRuby has no way to know that. The gen_bridge_metadata
(1) man page has information.

Good luck,