[MacRuby-devel] script to download and install MacRuby nightly builds

Ernest N. Prabhakar, Ph.D. prabhaka at apple.com
Wed Apr 21 10:41:32 PDT 2010

Hi all,

On Apr 13, 2010, at 8:25 PM, Laurent Sansonetti wrote:

> Nightly builds are now available at the following address:
>
> http://www.macruby.org/files/nightlies/
>
> The latest nightly build is always available from this shortcut:
>
> http://www.macruby.org/files/nightlies/macruby_nightly-latest.pkg

I've updated my auto-install script to use the new location:
http://svn.macosforge.org/repository/ruby/MacRuby/trunk/tool/macruby_get_nightly.command

---
#!/bin/sh
# Download and install the latest version of MacRuby
URL=http://www.macruby.org/files/nightlies/
PKG=macruby_nightly-latest.pkg
DOWNLOAD_DIR=~/Downloads
DESTROOT=/

cd ${DOWNLOAD_DIR}
rm -f ${PKG}
echo "Downloading ${URL}/${PKG} into ${DOWNLOAD_DIR}"
curl -O ${URL}/${PKG}
sudo installer -pkg ${PKG}  -target ${DESTROOT}
---

To install the script, you can do:
---
cd ~/Downloads