[MacRuby-devel] [MacRuby] Simple embedded WEBrick?

Alexander von Below below at mac.com
Tue Apr 27 06:34:42 PDT 2010

Hello,

I am new to MacRuby, and new to this list, so first a "Hello"!

Secondly, I am trying to start a simple WEBrick in a Ruby App. The WEBrick code is a sample from a book, and runs fine if started on its own.

But when I evaluate the file in MacRuby within my Cocoa App, a call to http://localhost:2000/hello yields "Bad Request".

Furthermore (as to be expected), the script does not return. I am happy creating a separate thread for the Ruby Evaluation in my Cocoa App, but is there a better way?

My sample project is hosted here: http://github.com/below/RubyTest

I would be very thankful if someone could have a look (and I am sure others will find this useful information, too)

Thanks a lot!

Alex