[MacRuby-devel] Request for feedback on new tutorial

Laurent Sansonetti lsansonetti at apple.com
Thu Aug 19 13:42:39 PDT 2010

Hi Nick,

It looks pretty good to me!

I just have a question regarding the Objective-C wrapper. Since the goal is to use it through MacRuby, why not compiling the project with -fobjc-gc-only and simplify the code?
@interface TagLib : NSObject {
    NSDictionary *tags;
}

@end
void Init_TagLibBundle(void) { }

@implementation TagLib

@synthesize tags;

- (id)init {
    if (self = [super init]) {
        tags = [NSDictionary dictionary];
    }
    return self;
}

@end
I'm not sure if the audience of this tutorial will be comfortable with manual memory management :)

If you can post the source code of this tutorial I will commit it on the macruby-website repository.

Laurent