[MacRuby-devel] planning 0.7 release

Laurent Sansonetti lsansonetti at apple.com
Mon Aug 23 19:20:52 PDT 2010

Hi guys,

With more than 100 tickets fixed, many improvements and fixes, I think it's time to make a new release of MacRuby.

MacRuby trunk does not meet all the plans I had in mind for 0.7 (like full Rails support), but I think it's important to make a release now. We can continue working on Ruby compatibility in 0.8.

For 0.6 we announced that MacRuby was stable for Cocoa development, and the Cocoa layer of MacRuby hasn't changed that much since, which is a good sign. If you have a MacRuby Cocoa app, please try it with MacRuby trunk (you can pick a nightly build) and let us know soon if you have any problem.

I will go through the tracker and identify release blockers (feel free to reply to this e-mail if you have one in mind). Hopefully 0.7 can ship somewhere in September.