[MacRuby-devel] ObjectController binding is dead

benjamin Almeida benjamin.q.almeida at gmail.com
Tue Dec 14 08:39:53 PST 2010

Hi,

I think I have the same problem:

$ macirb
irb(main):001:0> require 'bio'
=> true
irb(main):002:0> Bio::RestrictionEnzyme::SingleStrand.superclass
*=> #<Class:#<NilClass:0x4>>*
irb(main):006:0> >>
Bio::RestrictionEnzyme::SingleStrand.class_eval('superclass')
*SyntaxError: compile error
(irb):6: syntax error, unexpected tRSHFT*

$ irb
>> require "bio"
=> true
>> Bio::RestrictionEnzyme::SingleStrand.superclass
=> Bio::Sequence::NA
>> Bio::RestrictionEnzyme::SingleStrand.class_eval('superclass')
=> Bio::Sequence::NA

.ancestors works as expected

best
ben
ps: I am new to the list, let me know if this is the wrong place