[MacRuby-devel] scientific plotting engine

Brian Chapados chapbr at gmail.com
Thu Dec 30 18:00:54 PST 2010

Hi Jonathan,

If you want an open source framework, use CorePlot
(http://code.google.com/p/core-plot/).  If you're willing to pay money
for something that looks awesome, is easier to use and
well-maintained, check out DataGraph (both the App and Framework:
http://www.visualdatatools.com/DataGraph/Framework/index.html).

Both of these frameworks only support 2D plotting at the moment.
CorePlot could eventually support 3D plots.  I'm not sure if there are
any plans for 3D support in DataGraph.

Both of these work under 10.6.  As for PDF support, DataGraph can
export anything you plot to a PDF. CorePlot can also export to PDF. In
addition, it is built on top of CoreAnimation.  So, if you need more
flexibility, you should be able to get it draw to any CGContext that
you create, CGPDFContext included.

Brian