[MacRuby-devel] Hotcocoa or not?

Buddy Lindsey, Jr. percent20 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 31 20:09:41 PST 2010

All,

I am just starting with MacRuby and am kind of confused. There seems to be 2
ways to do GUI development. Hotcocoa or Pure Cocoa API. My confusion is on
which one is best I like hotcocoa because it seems fairly straight forward
on doing GUI stuff, the little I have looked at it, but seems to rely on
Cocoa API where there aren't any mappings. However, I can use interface
builder and xcode more easily going with the pure cocoa api. I also am very
confused when doing anything with interface builder so I am leaning toward
hotcocoa.

As a note on my background. I just got my first mac in July and started
doing anything with ruby [on rails] in August. I come from a web development
background so desktop apps are a bit new to me.

Anyone have any advice, comments, and or words of wisdom all they way
around? My goals is to make a fairly simple app I can put into the AppStore.

Thanks
Buddy

---
Buddy Lindsey