[MacRuby-devel] smaller macruby apps?

Gary Weaver gary.weaver at duke.edu
Fri Feb 26 11:48:23 PST 2010

Looks like Isaac already added this option to HotCocoa:
http://github.com/richkilmer/hotcocoa/issues#issue/7
http://github.com/isaac/hotcocoa/commit/3c3db96fa8b9228c2ef7b65a65122ff0a53142dc

(add "stdlib: false" to config/build.yml)

but looks like that hasn't been released yet (not in HotCocoa 0.5.1 from
what I can tell)?

Is there possibility of a release for HotCocoa soon that might contain
Isaac's fix?

Also saw a related ticket in MacRuby, not for HotCocoa but for embed
target ( http://www.macruby.org/trac/ticket/361 ) that was fixed in 0.5,
and it was mentioned that further improvements would be made in the near
future to reduce the size of embedded macruby apps.

Are there plans to include improvements in embedded app size as part of
MacRuby also for 0.6 (I don't know whether those would help HotCocoa app
size or not in addition to Isaac's fix, but just curious)?

Thanks!
Gary