[MacRuby-devel] problems building MacRuby

Rich Morin rdm at cfcl.com
Mon Jan 25 23:39:42 PST 2010

I decided to grab the latest copy of MacRuby and build it (on an
8-core Mac Pro, running OSX 10.5.8).  I downloaded, built and (I
think) installed LLVM, but MacRuby's rake says it can't find it:

  % rake
  (in .../MacRuby/MacRuby)  The llvm-config executable was not
  located as /usr/local/bin/llvm-config.  Please make sure LLVM
  is correctly installed on your machine and pass the llvm_config
  option to rake if necessary.

I tried looking for it with find(1), but had no luck there.  I
also dug through LLVM's logs, makefiles, and readmes, trying to
determine where it might have put the files. After several minutes
of this, I gave up.

I realize that there may be something wonky with my configuration,
but I still think that it should be possible to build and install
MacRuby without going on a snipe hunt.  Suggestions, anyone?

-r
http://www.cfcl.com/rdm/resume     rdm at cfcl.com