[MacRuby-devel] Question about current design

Emmanuel Pinault seatmanu at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 09:08:48 PST 2010

Hi,

I am looking through the repository and although I understand that some class are directly mapping to Object-C class instead, I am curious about how do you go to bring a new version of Ruby 1.9.x?
Since you are replacing most of the code in  string.c for example, will you to backport all the time changes from 1.9.x?

Also, how do you go about embedding some gem ? I see how you embed the framework for MacRuby but what about gems? Do you just have to copy the source code of the gem as well and replace some Path?

thanks

Emmanuel