[MacRuby-devel] Fullscreen sample app

Eloy Duran eloy.de.enige at gmail.com
Wed Jul 7 14:51:23 PDT 2010

For completeness sake; I just read this difference explanation in the
article [1] that the code was based on:

“There are two basic types of fullscreen on the Mac:

	• Screen takeover — where one view gains exclusive control of the
screen.
	• Basic fullscreen window — where a regular window occupies the whole
screen without occlusions.

The first is normally recommended for games where you never want the
window to be interrupted. For an example of this type of window, see
my earlier post An Asteroids-Style Game in Core Animation: Part 1.

The second option has the advantage that it can be interrupted by
other windows. For example: Exposé, Command-Tab and notification
windows will continue to function. This is the approach that I will
detail in this post.”

[1] http://cocoawithlove.com/2009/08/animating-window-to-fullscreen-on-mac.html