[MacRuby-devel] malloc error

Matt Massicotte massicotte at apple.com
Mon Jul 26 18:26:29 PDT 2010

This may not be a bug.  It can mean that something is being Garbage-collected that is not an object.

I've run into this a fair bit when using MacRuby.  I use MacRuby to access a ObjC library that otherwise does not run in a garbage-collected environment.  I typically see this most often when using toll-free bridging.  NSMakeCollectable is very handy in these cases.

Unfortunately, I've had to use GDB to actually track down the issue every time, as the logging suggests.  If it is in code you've written, fixing it up shouldn't be too bad.  If it is in an Apple/3rd party binary, please report a bug with the GDB backtrace to the owner.

Matt