[MacRuby-devel] NSKVONotifying_ proxy class

Dave Baldwin dave.baldwin at dsl.pipex.com
Thu Jul 29 13:43:46 PDT 2010

I am trying to find the class name of a KVO compliant class I have created (called test below).  I am assuming that MacRuby inserts a proxy class in front of my class to implement the KVO protocol.  How do I get the name of my original class?

puts test.class
gives some  class reference address like #<Class:0x200570360> - not particularly useful.

puts NSStringFromClass(test.class)
gives NSKVONotifying_test

I could just strip NSKVONotifying_ from this string but this assumes this prefix will never change.  Is there a better method I can use to gain access to the original object or its class?

Thanks,

Dave.