[MacRuby-devel] calculate table row height

Jakub Suder jakub.suder at gmail.com
Tue Jun 22 00:46:01 PDT 2010

On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 06:01, niedhui <niedhui at gmail.com> wrote:
> because the chinese characters, the height of a line is diffence, I want it
> to be same ,like all return 19 , How Can I Fix This ? HELP!

I have no idea if you can force the line height to be the same in
entire text... But if I can recommend something, I'm also writing a
Tweetie-like app (more like a Tweetie clone, but for a different
network, a Polish one); and I found this library very useful:
http://github.com/sdegutis/SDListView - it's a replacement of
NSTableView which lets you use normal NSViews as cells and is
generally more modern. I read a blog post some time ago by a guy who
tried various approaches before writing such app and he wrote that
NSTableView was a bad idea, because sooner or later you run into
limitations of NSCell and it gets annoying... (here's the post:
http://flyosity.com/application-design/sneak-peek-beak-10-for-mac-iphone.php).

JS