[MacRuby-devel] MacRuby 0.5 vs. CG Bitmap Context

Scott Thompson easco at mac.com
Sat Mar 6 18:10:26 PST 2010

> The good news is that you might not need to worry about it in this
> case. In 10.6, you can pass NULL (use 'nil' in MacRuby) as the first
> argument to CGBitmapContextCreate, as long as you don't mind letting
> CoreGraphics manage the memory allocation for you:

I am very much aware of that.

Unfortunately, in this case, I do care about the memory allocation.  I was going to examine (and potentially manipulate) the memory after drawing into the context.  It sounds like there is no way for me to use Ruby to solve this problem.  I will rework my code in C and solve the problem that way.

Scott