[MacRuby-devel] RE2: a principled approach to regular expression matching - Google Open Source Blog

Laurent Sansonetti lsansonetti at apple.com
Thu Mar 11 13:07:09 PST 2010

Sounds interesting, but the project page says it's not good for back-references :)

As some of you may know, we are rewriting String, Symbol and Regexp based on the ICU framework in a branch (called "icu"). The work is almost done at this point and will get merged into trunk soon. These changes have many advantages, mostly performance, thread-safety and Ruby compatibility related.

Laurent