[MacRuby-devel] files delivered in site_ruby

Brian Marick marick at exampler.com
Mon May 3 10:55:45 PDT 2010

MacRuby 0.7: There are files delivered in site_ruby:

bigdecimal/		openssl/		ripper.rb
digest/			openssl.rb		universal-darwin10.0/
digest.rb		ripper/

Shouldn't they be in vendor_ruby? I can't run a program without site-specific files by stripping site_ruby out of the path. If I do, macruby crashes with an Abort trap (in 0.5, at least) when it tries to load gems.

I know that macruby_deploy -embed copies site_ruby into the application, so this causes no real problem other than wasted space, so maybe it's not worth fixing. But it'll cause more problems when macruby ships with OSX and people stop embedding.

I'll file a ticket if needed.

-----
Brian Marick, independent consultant
Author of /Programming Cocoa with Ruby/